Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Room switching

I'm always surprised at how much a storage room can hold. Unfortunately, it's filling with boxes we havn't even opened in several months. After the rooms get switched I'll have to go through one box a week and get rid of more stuff. Those boxes are following me like bad memories. Time to send those boxes to therapy... I mean, the dump.

So, with room switching and gender segregation, I'm starting to think of how to help the kids individualize their rooms. We got a largish yellow car out of someone's chuck pile last week (lots of moves lately) and I'm thinking of turning it into a toy box for Tag. Also, I think Princess needs a net in the corner of her room to store all of her various, colorful ponchos. She has at least 4-5 of them, they are hard to hang, and they don't have a real home. PB also wants flowers and butterflies on her walls, and she is definitely going to need a pretty strong night light. Poor kid gets nightmares all the time just like her old mom used to.

Recent movie: Something's Gotta Give. Get an edited version (brief, semi-silhouetted anterior female nudity) but a great movie. Jack Nicholson gives a stellar performance.

No comments: