Monday, July 02, 2007

Visiting family

This past weekend we had the opportunity to enjoy one of Man's sisters and her family. It sure was a full house but I sure enjoyed all of them. They have two teenage boys (excellent young men) and three little girls who all match my kids in their various ages. It was fun to see the strong family resemblance and behaviors that have got to be genetic. My SIL and I also got to sneak away to the store for a bit while the men watched the kids. That was such a nice opportunity to get out of the house for a while. Like that Coldplay song... "all that noise, all that sound."

Plans for the 4th of July: relax!!! Maybe take a picnic to the beach. Maybe I'll realize that a picnic at the beach would mean literal sandwiches. The day after we're going up to my grandma's house for the day.

I have my first real OB appointment tomorrow! I'm pretty excited and a little nervous. Princess and Tag have appts this week to FINALLY get caught up on immunizations and get Tag's asthma meds updated. We're going to see if we can drop the Zyrtec entirely since he did without before we moved. We may have to keep it up with all of the moving we'll be doing, and for now I think it's better to keep up the Zyrtec rather than risk having to put him on a course of prednisone. On the other hand, I prefer as little medicine as will keep him safe. Here's hoping. I also told them that they could pick any treat (stickers, gum, water gun) they wanted after they get shots especially since Princess is due for 4. After my monster shots a couple of weeks ago, I treated myself to some peanut butter M&M's and a couple of $7.50 movies at Target.

After shots get updated, I get to register Princess for her first year of public school. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. She has the personality to do well in that setting and I'm working hard now to make sure that she can take care of her own body before then. She's already really good at most things, but lately we've been trying to get her to turn on her own shower water. Why is that scary? Oh, well, it is, so motivating factors have to be added to the experience. I tell her "when you have turned the water on yourself, I will help you adjust the temperature. You get to shower yourself completely, get dressed in clothes you choose, and if you have time after your shower and before bed, we can read some books."

And then I walk away. Sometimes it takes a while for her to turn that first knob.

Man gets to turn older this week. On Sunday I got to stand in front of the Primary kids and get sung to for my birthday as well, but Man had a sleeping Pebbles in a different room. The poor guy didn't get his birthday sticker.

On Friday we have a bbq with some people from Man's work. Saturday, I'm going to work this week to make sure we have absolutely nothing but family time. And maybe some naps. :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good luck on dropping the Zyrtec! We dropped our Zyrtec last fall. While *I* seem to need the extra boost to keep going, the kids are doing well with just Nasonex + asthma meds.

A picnic at the beach sounds lovely...hope you find some relaxing fun family time!