Tuesday, July 03, 2007

OB Appt

After 4-5 pages of paper work to fill out, I got in to see my OB.

He's a funny guy who's balding, wears a pink button up shirt under his white coat and a breast cancer lapel pin. Gay? Likely, but for some reason that makes me feel a lot better about him as this sort of dr. lol

Anyway, he had to fish around for the heartbeat but then found it front and center and poudning away at 164 beats per minute and strong as a hammer on anvil. He was very impressed at how strong the heart was and, after listening for a moment, declared that he could hear both valves functioning which meant that all four chambers were developed and functioning.

And, as far as he's concerned, I'm a picture of health. He told me that the results of this exam were precisely what he hopes for on a late afternoon.

Ha!! And to think I was nervous. You never know what you're going to hear with that first doppler, like that first ultrasound (which we're going to schedule for around 20 weeks) and I was relieved not only to be able to hear it, but to hear it vary as little Frodo kicked around (a sign of good nerve and brain development), to hear it so strong, and to get the good Dr's very positive assessment.

I go back in 3 weeks for a brief follow up. :) Things go smoothly! Due date is still Jan 4th.

No comments: