Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Drumroll for my 200th post

And it's about broken arms!!

So, Tag hurt his arm on Saturday. He jumped off of a slide and landed with all his weight on a locked elbow. We thought it was a sprain. I didn't say I told you so to Man, but I really wanted to take him in on Saturday but Man said there weren't any breaks.

It wasn't better on Sunday, and it wasn't better on Monday morning, so I called the dr. That led to an appt, an exam, an xray at the hospital, and splinting it at the express care next to the ER.

I tried getting a hold of the orthopedic dr that we were assigned at the hospital, but after spending several minutes negotiating his automated phone menu only to have to hang up twice and try again, I got ahold of a real person who put me on hold and never came back. However, the dr's office also isn't calling me back after I've called twice to try and get a different referal not only to someone who might make an appt with me, but someone who isn't quite so far of a drive. I'll call again this afternoon. I'm so tired of getting run around about all of the different garbage I need to take care of just to get these kids through the system with health intact and getting Princess into school. "Just" getting her immunization record updated has been a 3 month ordeal. I'm considering leaving Tag's arm in the splint for a couple of weeks and calling it good if I have to go through a whole additional gauntlet just to get that taken care of.

:frustrated:

I feel like I'm swimming uphill all the time lately. Is nothing a one-stop, simple experience? Nothing at all?

No comments: