Sunday, July 22, 2007

Coming up for air

Wow, what a weekend.

Tag ended up in the ER again on Friday night. I called some of you to see what could be done about his condition. Two funny things: The same doc who saw him for his splint attended him again on Friday, and he got the bead out of his nose the very same way I suggested before taking Tag to ER. After trying all kinds of tweezers and things, scooping it out with something that looked remarkably like a blackhead remover is what finally dug that little sucker out. The only thing the hospital had on me was the nitrous we gave him so it wouldn't bother him so much. As it was he was all tied up in a blanket and I had to hold his head while a nurse held his feet. Good times. We were in and out in a measly 2.5 hours. The kid had nothing to do the whole time so he amused himself by getting tons of drinks from the waiting room drinking fountain. Yeah. Made being in the pottyless exam room kinda fun.

Saturday was alright. We bummed around, cleaned up, then went to a baptism for one of the kids we teach. That was a lot of fun. Afterward we went out for some Korean food. I was surprised at how good it was. Man and I were a bit dubious while looking through the menu but it was different, yummy, and filling. I had some sort of rice pot. The rice had been cooked right in the pot they set in front of me. An egg had been cracked into the rice, then various veggies and grilled beef had been arranged on top of that. I stirred the egg in to cook it in the still extremely hot pot and rice and was surprised at the creamy texture of the result. I'll have to try that at home some time. In a way the food was more "real" and interesting than Chinese. I liked also how they had at least a dozen small side dishes that came with the main dishes. A variety of pickled veggies (green onion, daikon, large bean sprouts, etc) and some lightly stewed things (potatoes, some other veggie I couldn't recognize) and kimchee. And this weird jellied stuff in tangy sauce. It looked like raw fish but was really just savory jello.

Anyway, I read the second book in the Mitford series and cried my eyes out for the joy of it. I also read Harry Potter this weekend (don't worry, no spoilers) and cried my eyes out all over again. Great book. It's worth reading all 7 of them. So many answers, and so very satisfying. Like a big sigh at the end of a good cry.

This coming week is going to be a bit of a nightmare. Classes for three days, dr appt, FRG for which I need to get the calendar done again, a baby shower and a ward activity, and meetings at Princess' school to meet the teachers, get her tested, and get a supplies list. There are also several families moving out of the ward over the next few weeks. (I will not cry, but I WILL make your cinnamon rolls, M!!)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Does your E.R. have a frequent visitor punch card where you get the 12th one free? My goodness! Hopefully things will calm down soon!