Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today

Today's music: Duran Duran -- Ordinary World

Today's errands: Make sure that with today and tomorrow, I do everything needed before the weekend so we can just crash (especially Man). On Sat I plan to take us to the park when we wake up so he can actually sleep in. Maybe walk down to BK and feed the little 'uns with some transfat, licensed, under-nutritioned, pseudo-food. Yum!!

How I feel: Pretty good. Got some decent sleep last night and woke up to three little people asking for waffles. We all cuddled for a while which no mom can completely ever get enough of from the little ones. I had a decent cry last night and then remembered everything I need to be grateful for. Even if it's hard to find all the time, I have been able to get good medical and dental care for the kids, we're still alive and fed even if cooking really stinks to me right now, we have a roof over our heads, and I have friends who have helped me so very much over the past several weeks. Oddly, out of all of the gems and jewels of people reaching out to me, the most surprising and touching was when my brother called me on my birthday. I'm in tears again, thinking about it. Folks, this man is wonderful. Just that simple phone call to say hi, and even if he didn't say it in so many words there was a definite “I care about you” in there somewhere. Thanks, Romeo. You're a huge part of the reason I'm hoping we're having another boy, because everyone should have a brother.

What I'm looking forward to:
I ordered some things from Penzey's and I'm on pins and needles of anticipation. Good curry!! Cardamom pods!! Real, amazing cinnamon! Oh, folks, it doesn't get a whole lot better than some good Penzey's cinnamon on your French toast or in some gooey, yeasty, cinnamon rolls. ::drools:: M, when I get my cinnamon, I'll bring you some cinnamon rolls and you can put on 5 pounds with me. What are friends for?
Romeo said he's sending a late birthday box. I'm trying to not get excited about it. But it isn't working. ::peeks out the window:: The mail hasn't come yet. ::peeks again:: Nope. ::pretends to not peek:: ... ::sigh::
The weekend. We have a baptism to go to in the evening and I think we'll be taking our kids little friends with us. We'll probably set them up in the cultural hall at church with a little picnic while Man conducts music and I give a talk. It'll actually keep my kids pretty sane to have little friends with them. Other than that, we have church and vegging to look forward to.
Living another day. Learning to smile and leap over high stepping stones.


Today's inspiring song lyrics:

My life flows on in endless song
Above earths lamentations,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.

No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to that rock I'm clinging.
It sounds an echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing?

I lift my eyes, the clouds grow thin.
I see the blue above them.
And day by day this pathway smooths
Since first I learned to love Him

The peace of God makes fresh my heart
A fountain ever springing
All things are mine since I am His
How can I keep from singing?

No comments: