Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Organizing (again :sigh:)

In my continued quest for organization in my home, I've been salivating over some organization books over at Borders. M and I went a while ago and I've been thinking about them ever since. Last night I went again and have a few titles in mind and have been sorting through possibilities on Amazon from reviews and any glimpses of the inside of the book I can get.

Why am I not doing this on my own? Good question. I think I have a block. One review for a book I'm considering says that the author makes a point that really made sense to her: that perfectionists who like to keep things neat and tidy may have disorganized and cluttered homes, but are waiting for the perfect way to arrange their homes. That's me!! Yes, I'm a perfectionist and I get anxious and depressed when I know it won't be perfect. The result of that is that every day I fight my baser tendencies in order to try to pull things together and fight my misguided higher tendencies to not feel bad about my efforts.

I guess if kids learn by example then it time to get off my rear and do something about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. . . kids! They are the motivation behind why we do what we do. If we leave their little impressionable minds to the lack-luster of other people's creativity we have failed as parents. Don't you agree?

M.