Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes

Princess lately has been getting into this really bossy, snotty, know-it-all phase. But hey, kids learn by example don't they? Sometimes there are great nuggets of wisdom in what she says and I have to swallow my pride and acknowledge that she's right.

This morning I was reading the comics online and she asked for some eggs for breakfast.

M: Wait just one minute, please.

P: Are those important?

M: Not really, why?

P: Well, shouldn't you be doing what's important? Like, feeding me so I don't starve and die?

M: Gee, when you put it that way I just can't argue.

The point is well-made except for the attitude behind it. Miss Smarty Pants. Did you ever notice that the initials for Miss Smarty Pants (MSP) are just a rearrangement of PMS?

But she was right, darn it.

No comments: