Saturday, July 28, 2007

morning routine

I wake up with the kids, get everyone breakfast, then I sit at the computer and read the comics. I have tabbed browsing so I just go to my comics bookmark folder, have them all open at once, then read at leisure. After that I open my blogs bookmark folder to check and see if anyone has made any updates. I'm always disappointed when no one has made a post recently. We all go through dry spells. So, since no one else is blogging lately (you know who you are) I thought I'd post even if it's a meandering and largely pointless post (so what else is new?).

My first zucchini is almost ready to harvest. I have dozens of little green tomatoes that are getting larger and larger but aren't changing color yet. AFTB this week was fun. After chatting with the Garrison Commander, she wants everyone in our area to know that all of those boarded up houses around here belong to the city, not the military. She's working to get those houses back so she can tear them down and make more new housing for enlisted. Too bad we won't be here long enough to see the fruits of that vision. So, anyway, I've graduated from each level of AFTB, including the level that is valid for college credit. Nice to not have homework for that college credit, I must say.

I did get those cinnamon rolls made but had the temp up just very slightly and burned all of them and made the smoke alarm go off after all the kids were asleep. ::forehead smack::

Man is finally reading Harry Potter which is cool because I've been waiting to talk to him about various parts for a week now. I also finished the third Mitford book last night and am set to dive into the books from my birthday box (thanks, family!!) which includes a Terry Prachett book that I like (Men at Arms) as well as several from Robin McKinnley and Patricia A. McKillip.

I woke up this morning to Man having let me sleep in while he did all of the dishes. Yep, I like this Man. :)

Plans for the day: baby shower and ducking a church Pioneer Day activity. Dutch oven cooking and activities... or precious time with family. Hm. Time to go put in an appearance at the baby shower and ooh and aah over little girl clothes and the fact that the lady of honor will be having twins next week. Better her than me!!

And lasy but not least, a pic. We were outside the other day when Pebbles decided to eat some mud. It was hard to get her pic so this is the only one that turned out decently.

No comments: