Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Can't call him splinty any more




Believe it or or not, this picture does not do the color of his cast justice. It is blinding! Construction, hunter orange. Fluorescent tangerine. He kept showing it to people while we were buying diapers and they kept saying "yes, I couldn't help but notice it..." He could flag down airplanes with this thing.

And he loves it.

I like that I don't have to worry about him trying to take his sling off anymore. He was pretty good about leaving the splint alone.

edited to add: I forgot to mention how the actual appt went. Dr said that the fracture is above the growth plate and there's <1% chance of it being a problem. I couldn't even see the fracture at all on the xray, but the dr explained that they could tell more from the slight curve of the bone (which shouldn't be there) rather than any lines at all. The official diagnosis is a Right Supracondylar Humerus Fracture. The person at the ER misspelled "supracondylar" but heck, who am I to judge another's spelling? Halfway down this page, they explain it a tiny bit. Dr said that what happened is that Tag is young enough that his joints are still relatively flexible, so he hyperextended his elbow joint and the pokey-outy bit shoved into his humerus, causing a very slight fracture. Don't I sound all technical?

No comments: