Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More little flower

My Princess found a little mutant flower. Those tiny flowers in our grass are a pale purple but she found a random orange one and brought it to me. These things are so tiny that the camera has a hard time seeing them in the frame and won't get any closer than 3" even on macro. So... here are some attempts at catching this little guy on film.

I found that when I took pics against a white paper that it made the flower very dark. I then tried it against this sort of polished stone base that Man used to have a pen attached to. Tag took care of that "attached" bit for him. Anyway, it really brightened up the flower... but I didn't notice until after I got the pics on the computer how very dusty it was. The soft focus edges help hide the dust.



So, I wiped it off but the camera couldn't see the flower for the reflection in the stone.



So I went back to paper and just fiddled with the fill light a bit.



Eh. I need to see if I can take a photography class up at the college around the corner.

No comments: