Thursday, April 05, 2007

Libera

Man and I love the boys' choir Libera. I first got an album of theirs years ago, their self titled one. After discovering the joys of i-tunes I spent a while looking up every group and name I've ever enjoyed to try and get all of the songs I've left on the shelf b/c I didn't want to shell out for an iffy album when all I wanted was one song. No more!

I've been really grumpy the last couple of days so got Libera's Free and am enjoying it. A particularly beautiful song of theirs is Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

(1) I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

(2) When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)

Text by Mary Frye

I'm sure we've all experienced some degree of loss, whether of self or other beloved relationship. This poem touches my heart.

No comments: