Sunday, April 22, 2007

Update on get together

I havn't gotten any calls from any of the families who had planned to attend. So, feeling a little upset, I called each of them to ask if they were coming. It turns out that I made The Great Wife Bypass Error. I spoke with husbands, and then failed to follow up with wives. -smacking my forehead- The first one I called was kind of surprised and a little put out, telling me that it's really late notice for such a thing. The second one, I lead out with "Hi J, did your husband happen to talk to you about dinner tonight?" Negatory on that one, too.

I thanked Man profusely for being pretty consistent about letting me know about such things, was again grateful for food storage so that surprises like this don't catch me off guard, and I learned a valuable lesson: Never talk to a man and assume his wife will hear.

1 comment:

jen said...

Wait...so none of them showed? Or only a few? That stinks since you put a lot of work into it. I always make sure to talk to the wives after the husband has confirmed something. My dad was the worst at that and the first few times I fear I left an unfavorable impression on my stepmother. Oh well! My husband tries to be good about telling me stuff but it's usually 5 pm and he says, "oh yeah, we're going out with x& y tonight at 6". I'm trying to train him to give me more notice.