Sunday, April 22, 2007

Having some friends over

It sounds simple, doesn't it? "Oh, you can't have it at your house? Well, come on over to ours!!"

Haha! -sigh-

The reason: We are in a home teaching triangle, where Man home teaches a family who also home teaches us, so we're having a shin dig with 4 families at my place.

The menu: hotdogs, burgers, marinated chicken, baked beans, coleslaw, tortilla chips with bean dip, a couple of large pans of brownies. Is that enough food? I always worry that it's going to be enough food since I fed some missionaries once, had a couple of extra unexpected guests and ended up having to make macaroni and cheese to supplement the meal. That was embarrassing. So now I ALWAYS make too much food and make sure it's stuff that'll freeze well. Coleslaw doesn't freeze at all, obviously, but it's cheap to make.

The insanity: I've told one and all that if it rains we can't do it since my house cannot contain 24 people including 14 children. I know that some of you don't think that's a lot of people. For Man's side of the family, that's a fairly reasonable Sunday night get together. For my side of the family, we'd have to get some extended family from out of town to make that crowd.

The reward: I can say for the rest of the time we live here "sorry, we had it at my place last time. Whose turn is it now? Can I bring anything to help out?"

Next weekend: No plans. None. Well, ok. Church, but that's it.

No comments: