Friday, April 27, 2007

to metric or not to metric

I measured the kids today.

Princess is a shade over 4 feet tall nowadays. She's wearing a size 8-10 and is taller than anyone else in junior primary. Mom, was I that tall at that age?? She's a full 7 centimeters above the 95th percentile.

Tag is 42 inches (or 3'6") putting him in about the 85th percentile.

Miss Pebbles has maintained her height in the 5th percentile at 28.75 inches. She's walking across rooms now albeit slowly and with great concentration.

Man often ponders why we can't join the rest of the industrialized world and just use the metric system.

3 comments:

jen said...

I agree...I wish we used the metric system. It would be so much easier to understand things for my trip to Europe. Like weight restrictions for carry on bags is all listed in kilograms. So then I have to figure out how many kilograms are in a pound, etc.

Kelly said...

hmmm....I need to measure my kids and compare. I think that Baby is definitely taller than your baby, my Princess is probably taller than Tag but I bet your Princess is a shade taller than Mr. Social...

Andrea Hardee said...

Is MS really that tall?? I'm glad that there are tall, handsome men out there for her to date later in life. I'm not surprised at all the your Baby is bigger than Pebbles. How much eating did he do the first year of life? ;)