Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Couch repair

I'm repairing a split seam on my couch and we decided to try using fishing line. Look at the prize at the bottom of the box!



So what do I do with this instrument o' death? There are precisely six nasty hooks on this baby and I have precisely 30 small fingers and 30 small toes running around here, not to mention the 40 adult digits who likewise don't want to have anything to do with this thing. I'm not too good in the stats and calc department, but I don't like those odds.

I did think that it would be fun to start a fishing Christmas tree motif, but if I think that the normal ornament hooks are a pain, what sort of damage could this thing do? 7 hooks in one fun item!! I guess I could remove the "o' death" parts and still have a fish tree. Or I could be one up on my Dad's birthday this year. ;)

To: Dad

A $0.50 fishing lure o' death!

With greatest love, Your Daughter.

No comments: