Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What a day

Good news... the MRI results from Man's shoulder came back. The good news is that it's SOMEthing (rather than the nothing he feared) but the bad news is they just don't know how to fix it, really. It's tendonosis. From what I've read, it means that the tendon got injured repeatedly and never healed properly, so now it hurts and will take a long time to heal. It could be from the thousands of pushups a day they had to do in basic. He suspects that part of it is from someone executing a restraining hold on him during training after we got here. I think it's interesting that it's on one side and not the other, but I guess it is the side with his dominant hand.

And to clarify from yesterday, the car is still drivable. There is now a short in the headlight and turn signal, there are large strips of metal hanging on by a bungee cord and large pieces of glass missing from the lights. It's simply now damaged beyond our desire to fix it. I think it would be more cost effective to get a new (used) car than spend at least $5,000 getting this one completely fixed.

I guess we've been really lucky though. This car has lasted us our whole married life and then some, it's rolled the odometer and is half way through it again. Sure, the transmission completely fried and a few other major repairs had to get done, but for the most part it's been a fairly good car.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey A-
Check out prolotherapy for the man's shoulder. It will help!
Sis-in-law,
J

Kelly said...

Um, car damaged because of car accident? Lacking the details--enlighten me!

Kelly said...

Sorry, reading the posts out of order. (blush)

Andrea Hardee said...

No, I was out of order. It's confusing: I starting typing this post on the grownups computer, but I left my desktop up and running while Man did some homework. While he used this computer, I used the kids' computer to write the post above this one. Blogger aligns the posts based on the date and time when you *started* the post, rather than when it actually gets published. So, when I say "update from yesterday", it was really an update from the post following the one I'm actually typing in, referencing future events, if you will. I guess you could call it a mysterious prequel. ;) Like I need more drama in my life.