Saturday, May 19, 2007

Oh what a week!

Three whole days of AFTB classes, a Wednesday full of trying to get the house into recovery, and Man eagerly anticipating this coming week of vacation. I came home on Thursday to find that he had done all the dishes, put all the laundry through, and was cleaning the rest of the place. It was his late Mother's Day gift. :) Boy, that Man got a mighty thank you from me. I left the kids at the child care center so he and I could have some time together. It was our first "date" in quite a while.

Two of my uncles came for a visit last night. I don't know if they were prepared for the onslaught of kids asking for their attention but they handled it like champs. At one point Tag even asked if one uncle wanted to watch him demonstrate how one turns the light one and off in a bedroom (a simple up and down switch) and the answer was "Yes!!" Both of them won the hearts of the natives.

Yesterday, when I went to pick the kids up from child care one of the ladies told me that she had the following conversation with Tag (there are two ladies who usually work the hourly care and they are both African American)

Tag: You're pretty!
S: Thank you!
T: You have pretty eyes.
S: Thank you very much!
T: Your skin is brown.
S: Yes, it is.
T: I'm white.
S: Yes, you are.
D: What color am I?
T: You're white, like me.

They had a huge laugh over that one. Miss D is just as dark as Miss S.

No comments: