Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ah, breathing is good!

So I got to sleep in for the first time in quite a while today. -sigh- Such luxury. One nice thing about being so busy is that it wears the kids out, too. I've done housecleaning today and I need to plan meals for next week, but for now I'm at my computer, sort of daydreaming out the window, watching some shiny little black birds eat my lawn and eating an avocado sliced and sprinkled with lemon juice and salt.

Man took Princess out for a date day on Monday which she absolutely loved. They hit the beach, the coolest park in town featuring a real train engine for the public to climb all over, and then lunch at a little Chinese place. Princess came home eating ice cream and full of positive energy. Today he's out with Tag in a repeat adventure. We decided to make occasional dates with Dad a priority and during his week off is the perfect time to do it. Now I just need to figure out some way to get a date with him myself. :)

Oh! And exciting news from me! My squash plants are finally poking up and looking like they're ready for life. My peas are even bigger than the squash, my tomatoes are doing great, and my cilantro is looking decidedly content. None of the herbs I planted outside have come up at all but the little potted chives in my window are doing great. I guess I need to get more pots and try again inside with the other stuff. I grow stuff! I used to get so annoyed with potted plants because I didn't have anywhere to keep them out of my way. Huzzah for window sills.

I don't know if I've posted this yet (too lazy to look) but little Miss Pebbles is as old now as Princess was when Tag was born. Both times that my younger two kids have hit that age I sort of laughed maniacally and wondered what the heck I was thinking to have them so close together. Who knows what young people think. I sure didn't.

No comments: