Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Griping

Ok, who thinks that Memorial Day is a gov't holiday? ::raises hand::

Who here thinks that the trash employees had a day off on Monday? Ooo, ooo!! ::raises hand higher::

Now, stay with me here. Who thinks that, because of that day off, that trash day would be delayed by a day because this is the precedent that has been set over the past 6 months? Me, me!

Who didn't put their trash out this morning, because those garbage men were SUPPOSED to come tomorrow? ::crickets, then meekly is the only person in the room to raise her hand:: That'd be me.

No one put their trash out last night. No one! So I went to sleep confident in the fact that trash day would be delayed one day because of that lovely lemming mentality and the fact that I didn't want to dig through a file and find the phone number for the trash company. This morning I was just getting done with my shower when the recycling truck cruises by and boy, that man has very little work to do this week. Come to find out, my sneaky neighbors put their trash out either after 9:30 last night or very early this morning because, o-ho!, they knew the trash truck really would be coming and decided to pull a fast one on the lazy lemming people. I was too recently showered to be presentable, if you know what I mean, so I had to quickly throw clothes on and rush my trash can out to the curb. Now I have three weeks of recycling that I'm going to have to ration out over the next few weeks so they take it all. Methinks it's time to get an additional recycling bin. I never have enough room with the one anyway. ::grumble, grumble::

1 comment:

Kelly said...

mmm...I have trash woes too. Since Monday was a holiday (yes, yes!), the lawn pick-up didn't happen. I thought it would occur on Tuesday. Guess who as of this morning has been hiding a garbage can full of trash limbs, etc. from potential buyers of our house.

I feel your pain, sister!