Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Emotional resistance to change

Alright, I'm currently having an opportunity to utilize some of the tactics taught in the class "Acknowledging Change".

And, folks, I just want to say, sorry things have been moody lately. That's just the way it is right now.

I find that while I would really like to be an instructor, I just don't want to change my life to make it happen. Will it significantly change my life? No. What's the worst that could happen? I could be a bad instructor. Is it really that much of a sacrifice? Nope. It's two classes every 3 months. It's a pittance, really. So what's my problem? I'm comfortable with my current stress levels.

I'm going to do it though. I'm tired of my internal resistance to change keeping me from being an effective, contributing individual. I just finished going over my presentation for tomorrow and it timed to exactly 10 minutes (which is the goal), Man smiling and grinning the whole time, pretending to be a responsive audience. Basic problem solving!! I'll be teaching it as my maiden voyage to a "marathon" group who will have sat through the entire first level all in one Saturday. I better make it interesting!! Maybe I should bring cookies. It's the very last class of the day.

No comments: