Monday, May 14, 2007

Don't go breakin' my heart!

My kids love the movie Chicken Little which we rented last week. I had forgotten how easy it is to mis-hear words in songs when one is young and without much of a frame of reference. The song that is played with the credits at the end of the movie is "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" but they've never heard that term.

The day after we watched it I heard them singing the song while playing around in the living room and startled asked them to just say what the words were.

"Uncle Greg in my heart!" Which is funny because they have a great-uncle Greg.

And they chanted it over and over again. They just love that song. I was telling Man about it yesterday but only got so far as to ask if he recalled that song from the credits before he laughed and said that during a dead silence in Sharing Time yesterday (a time when all of the kids 11 and under are in the same room) Tag just up and starts singing loudly "Uncle Greg in my heart!" over and over. He laughed even harder when I told him what their version of the lyrics are.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

stupid blogger wouldn't post my comment--had an error message...

Don't have time to retype it all, but there is a great rendition of "Don't Go Breakin' My heart" in Ella Enchanted as well..