Saturday, May 12, 2007

Another Saturday

I worked really hard yesterday to make sure that we wouldn't have to do a whole lot today. All we had was a birthday party to go to. I took Princess out on a little date to pick something out for her friend.

The theme was Princes and Princesses. The little girl was turning 5. I thought about it and then wrote up a little itinerary for a Princess and wrapped a small gift for each item of business. A little journal, glitter nail polish, lotion, things like that. So we got it all wrapped up and numbered and in the cute flower bag. We found the invitation so we could get the address... and then I noticed that the party was yesterday. For some reason I put it on my calendar as Saturday. We were all worked up and ready to go. Princess was in a dress, everyone had their shoes on. So we went to Chipotle. lol After dropping off that gift, of course.

Mother's day is tomorrow. We're going to call our mothers, go to church, then I'm going to cook myself some good mother-lovin' food. Man will grill and I'll do all the sides and the brownie trifle.

The kids finally found the neighbor kids and mostly disappeared all day long today. That was nice. I guess I'm finally learning what it's like to have kids old enough to leave for a while. I felt anxious. Every time they came back for one thing or another I asked how things were going. They were always fine, they were always behaving. I thought about the mountain lion sightings, about Tag's tendency to get territorial, about Princess's little bout of taking the Lord's name in vain due to another child's example (really, how shocking should it be? we don't allow it, but it doesn't get me bent out of shape), and about Tag's walnut and pecan allergies. And I was glad they were playing with these friends. Why is letting go such a long and difficult process?

Other than that things are cruising along. Still enjoying the beauty of our location. Still planning on doing as little as possible next weekend. Finally realizing how busy life can get now that the kids are starting to get old enough to really truly be involved with the world outside their home. Oy.

No comments: