Tuesday, May 01, 2007

And then life picked up more

So, I got a call yesterday to let me know that the car is, indeed, totaled. (raise your hand if you were surprised) However, he wanted to crunch more numbers but I had a sad little person right next to me and ask if he would call back later. Never did. But, at least we know for sure that we have to get a new car.

So, onward to look through consumer reports and try to figure out what exactly we want out of a vehicle. We're toying with the idea of a Kia Sedona mini van. We've got a small chunk we can put down so that the loan won't be too terrible. Man also has a bonus coming after his training is done which we can use to vastly decrease that debt later on.

-sigh- Mini van? -sigh- It seems like I'm getting older all the time. My parents managed to have 4 kids and never own a van. I have a bunch of friends (or acquaintances) who are succumbing to the minivan cult. I just hope that we don't get a van and then have to go to somewhere with tiny streets... like Europe, or China. Or astronomical gas prices!!! Like anywhere but the US.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good luck figuring out what you want!