Friday, May 11, 2007

Growing into it

This morning and kids and I were cuddling in my bed, when we started talking about various family relationships.

Princess: I know who your mom is, mom!
M: Really? Who?
P: It's Oma!

Not to be out done, Tag joined in.

T: When I get old, I'm going to grow into a dad.
M: That's right, if you want to be.
T: And Princess will grow into a mom.
M: That's right, if she wants to be.
P: And when I'm a mom, you'll grow into a grandma!
T: And I'll be a dad, and Princess will be a mom, and you'll be a grandma, and dad will grow into a little kid!
M: What? Won't he be a grandpa?
T: Nope. He'll just grow into a little kid.

Telling Man about that later in the day when he came home for lunch, he shook his head and wondered if he should be worried about that.

No comments: