Thursday, October 25, 2007

Meet the Robinsons

The PX had Meet the Robinsons on sale (I love getting their weekly fliers in email. They send them out the morning that the movie sales begin and I've learned to keep a chunk available in the entertainment stash for just such movies as this) so I snatched it up.

Wow. Great movie. A bit slow paced a'times but as a whole one that really touched a deep place inside me. Maybe it's because the lesson of the movie is one we're having to learn right now. Maybe it's because of these dang hormones. I laughed, I cried, the kids think it's hysterical, it's an all 'round winner. Man has yet to watch it (weekdays aren't good for him for anything).

I like how it deals with really difficult emotions. It's a lot like Lilo and Stitch, depicting real and painful things, but it isn't as emotionally messy. It's more cartoony, taking things a little further into the ridiculous while keeping it very personal. I also really like that no one character is particularly irritating, a failing of many Disney movies (Iago the parrot from Aladdin springs to mind as an easy example).

At any rate, what have you been watching lately?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

The ultimate annoying character for all time for me has got to be Jar-Jar Binks from Star Wars.

We're not watching much of anything lately. We're saving out $ for a number of good dvds coming out this fall. I'm hoping there are some good Black Friday deals as well.

The last movie we bought was Radio when it was $5 over Labor Day weekend. I enjoyed it but didn't think it worthy of all of the hype it received during whatever award season it belonged to. Maybe I slightly disliked it because it rang true of small town America?