Sunday, October 07, 2007

How to ruin a double batch of funeral potatoes in one easy step

Too much salt.

The end.

Ok, ok, you know me, I'll elaborate.

I don't have a food processor any more, so I got to grate 4 pounds of potatoes and one pound of cheese by hand. I didn't measure the garlic salt, and there was already a can of cream of crap in there to boot.

How do you fix 4 pounds of funeral potatoes? Besides adding 6 pounds of unflavored potatoes?

I put a large dollop in a small dish for the toaster oven as a side for dinner since Man is gone, which means I can make about half what I normally cook. Then the rest went into two disposable 8x8" dishes for the freezer.

I ended up throwing some potato pearls together instead, which made my meatloaf and corn taste like they were participating in a bad tv dinner nightmare.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

At least you made dinner. I turned to the kids last night and said, "Jelly and nutella sandwiches again?"

I'm going to try to get some stroganoff into the crockpot soon as I have been lazy lately.