Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm on a diet

Yep, almost 30 weeks pregnant and I'm in a diet. Actually, I've gained only 3 pounds this whole time which is ok with me. Here's my secret:

For breakfast this morning I gave the two younger kids cereal and made eggs and toast for Princess and myself. I didn't feel like having two pieces of toast so gave one slice to Pebbles, who loves toast. But she wanted eggs even more. So I gave her half of my eggs. A couple of minutes later I got myself about 6 ounces of low fat milk when Pebbles once again wanted what I had, so, half of the milk goes to her because I was too lazy to pour her a whole new cup especially with Go Time getting so close.

Breakfast: one scrambled egg, one and a half (she only ate half) pieces of whole wheat toast, 3 ounces of low fat milk.

Yesterday for lunch... I guess I did pretty well. We had some leftover beef from Sunday dinner, so I had a couple ounces of that as well as a salad with chickpeas.

Dinner last night was leftovers but I ended up eating mostly rice with soy sauce.

I got a call back last week on my glucose test which really freaked me out until the nurse said the blood sugar was fine if a bit low, but I'm anemic. lol!! So, I can't forget to take iron pills and now I have even more excuse to grill burgers every 2-3 nights (especially while I still have fresh tomatoes to harvest!) and make spinach salad. I've been doing a lot better this week getting some good iron and I noticed a huge difference in energy levels when I remember to take the pills in the morning.

Maybe I should eat, to. That might help. Especially after Sunday when everyone and his/her dog told me how tired I was looking after taking iron all week long.

Princess has her first, honest to goodness, field trip on Friday. They're all going out to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins. Makes me glad I held off on buying a couple last week. PB came home yesterday and told me that I had two choices: either [happy voice, happy face, nodding] pay the $4 for the field trip and sign off on the waiver, or [sad voice, sad face, droopy head and shoulders] she would have to stay back and go to speech therapy all day long. (have I mentioned that she goes to speech 2-3 times a week? Well, she does.) My little diplomat in training. She was my 1 year old who learned how to trade her healthy, bland chips for my salty, tasty Doritos.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's where I'm going wrong. I've been eating all of bub's leftover food. ;)