Saturday, August 25, 2007

Yellow ice!

I pulled out a tray of ice cubes today and was surprised to see just one clear ice cube, two yellow ones, an orange, and a blue. Now, some back story. Ever since my friend Ke brought over red and blue ice for the 4th of July beverage, Tag has been fascinated with colored ice cubes. I'm also not terribly faithful about refilling the trays and putting them right back in because we don't use ice very often at all. So I thought maybe he put some juice in with some water and snuck it into the freezer. However, the blue one had me confused. We don't have blue juice.

I asked the gang if anyone knew what was going on with the ice cubes. Everyone denied knowledge or association (of course) so I dumped them into the sink just in case it was something gross like our blue conditioner.

After they were safely in the sink Tag looked in with a sort of solemnity to his face and voice and said "it was M&M's."

Wh-what?

"You dip the M&M's in the water to make rainbows!"
"No kidding."
"Yep."

So, he found himself an empty tray, put water in about half of the little spots, dipped his M&M's that he picked out of his trail mix into the water, then not only put the tray into the freezer, he put it UNDER the full tray so he would be garunteed time to see if it worked. If I had known what the colored stuff was I would have let him have some rainbow ice water. Poor kid. He thought he was going to get into trouble for his creativity.

Gosh, if this is what my 4 year old is doing, what is my 16 year old going to be doing?

Pass the Tylenol.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Princess has dyed stuff with skittles. It's amazing how creative they can be, isn't it!