Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jingles

Have you ever thought of a random jingle but you knew your genius would never see the light of day? Prepare to behold my genius.

The back of my little Softsoap soap dispenser has the following trademark phrase: Wash away the germs, feel the softness.

It occurred to me that this phrase was really dumb sounding and not catchy at all. When I think of catchy, it usually comes from songs or movies I've liked and that fit the meter of the message. If I were in marketing I'd buy the rights to "Killing Me Softly" and fork over this baby:

Killing germs, Softly.

Then you'd have the whole jingle (come on folks, imagine this with me)

Killing germs softly with this soap,
Killing them softly, with this soap,
Filling my whole nose, with its smell.
Killing germs softly.... with this soap!

Can't you just see it? Wouldn't you remember Softsoap forever as the germ killing, soft soap? Are you just totally dazzled?

Yeah, I won't quit my day job.

3 comments:

jen said...

you realize now that every time I wash my hands at the sink with my Softsoap, I will be singing your jingle? thanks.

actually--it's pretty witty. Maybe buying the rights to the song was too expensive? Have you seen About a Boy? It's one of my all-time favorites and they sing that song in several scenes. Now, I'll think of my favorite movie and those scenes when I'm washing my hands. That is something to be thankful for!

Andrea Hardee said...

lol You're too kind. I have not seen that movie but will put it on the list of movies others have seen and can't believe I've never heard of, but will see now that you mention it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Drea, (It's K @ work)
This was just too stinkin' hilarious. lol!