Thursday, August 09, 2007

An interestesting day (again)

This morning we decided to just drop Princess off and let her find her own classroom. As she trotted off to class, I pulled up a bit in the drop off lane so I could get a good view of her classroom and the adjacent park to make sure she got there alright. Of course she did, and I watched for just a while longer. It's funny how it was harder for me to drop her off like that than it is to walk her to her classroom. She really is growing up.

All of my maternal hormones are kicking into high gear. I read about someone I know and how she went in for an induction, had her IV in, and then her dr comes to tell her that he won't do a VBAC after all, so she can either have an immediate C-section or go home and wait to go into natural labor or go ahead and have a C-section at 42 weeks anyway. I cried a little. Books, news, and movies don't bother me unless it involves children or parents (well, except for Super Inframan last night that Man and I watched while I folded laundry... that was cheesy enough to be enjoyable).

I'm also finally getting sick but thankfully with a mild cold rather than the devastatingly energy sucking, misery inducing monster the girls both got. Maybe I've already paid my dues in the respiratory illness department. Some of my relatives will remember how often I got those growing up.

Yesterday I had gone to pick Princess up from school then went to the grocery store, got home, got the kids out of the car, then realized that I had locked my keys in the car. Along with the groceries. Thankfully I hadn't bought much in the way of cold things. I got Tag to break into the house for me so we weren't locked out, but we did miss an afternoon appointment. Man came home about 3.5 hours later when we went to inspect the damage to food. To my amazement, the frozen ground beef I bought was still frozen through, having been placed next to our picnic blanket and under other groceries. It's also a good thing that it wasn't a Costco shopping trip I locked in the van or I woulda been pissed off. Lesson learned: extra keys will be made today.

I made a big pot of stew for dinner with the intention of sharing with a lady who had recently had a baby. I misjudged how long it would take to cook and it wasn't done until 9pm. We had french fries, watermelon, and homemade cheddar biscuits for dinner. It's a good thing stew has great reheating value.

So, at the end of a day filled with some semi-spectacular errors on my part, it was nice to just laugh at an old 80's Chinese super hero movie and decide to honor my new "non-guilt" policy.

Oh, and one more thing for this really long post -- Princess came home to let me know that she shouldn't have any more juice in her lunches because it's been upsetting her digestion, that I had been filling her thermos too full which made the teacher spill when she opened it, and this of course came after the locked van thing. I can just see it happening right now. I'm already losing some credit in her eyes because she now has opportunities to correct my mistakes with authority and experience. It's all downhill from here on out until she has her first baby, and even then I'll never quite be the glorious guru and haven of security I used to be in her sparkling eyes. I love you Mom! You're a glorious haven figure! Really!!

No comments: