Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Milking

There are lots of things in this world that you can milk.

If you don't like spiders, this will either fascinate or terrify you:

Video of spider venom milking.

I, personally, hate the idea of holding a spider at all even if the dang thing is asleep. Put it in that clampy thing and I'd be fine but my active imagination can just see it waking up, thinking "what the heck??", getting pissed off and degloving my finger.

On the other hand, it's an interesting watch. I'm glad someone out there is willing to do this sort of research.

1 comment:

jen said...

eww. That video gave me the creepy-crawlies! And that is one huge spider. Yikes. I don't even like the small ones--so this one would have me running for another room where I would lock the door. Yes, because perhaps the spider wouldn't try to just walk under the door, but would instead try to open it with the doorknob. Irrational, I know.