Monday, August 20, 2007

Surcease of pain

Ah, who knew that sinus infections could start out feeling like toothaches? The problem was, I have likely been developing it for a week now but didn't do anything about it until I was ready to extract my own tooth to relieve the pressure.

What would we do without antibiotics? I would have had an infection in my brain and died, end of story.

I had a Primary meeting last night at the church and since Man had taken two of the kids with him to the main meetings and dealt with all 6 of our 8 year old students, I volunteered for the evening thing. My secret reason was so that he'd have to put our kids to bed. It was at this meeting that I was speaking to my visiting teacher about the ultrasound and everyone else in the room was completely surprised that, not only am I pregnant, but a whole 20 weeks and counting!! Apparently I'm still in the "just getting fat" phase. lol

The refreshments were a choice of chocolate chip cookies or these amazing fresh fruit kabobs. I didn't touch the cookies, but I ate 2 of those kabobs and the other three that got sent home with me. Did I really save any calories that way? Not likely but man, fresh fruit is what I'm all about right now. It could be worse.

Man has recently had a bad spate of forgetting things in the morning. You know, important things, like his cell phone, lunch, or his military ID card (without which he can't get onto post) I'm thinking of giving him a crisper and having him put his wallet in there along with his lunch and keys. Not the cell phone though. Maybe I could give him a basket on top of the fridge for his pocket things, then tie string from his keys to his lunch every night. How's that for a pain in the butt? Any other solutions out there? Sure! Lemme have 'em.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read something in the doctor's office yesterday that is fully inspirational and sounds a lot like Grandma Laird. This is not verbatium, but you'll get the idea.

An Old Irishman's Proverb

There are only two things in life that you really need to worry about: if you are well or sick. If you are well then there is nothing to worry about. If you are sick then you have two things to worry about: becoming well or dying. If you become well then there is nothing to worry about. If you die then you have two things to worry about: going to heaven or hell. If you go to heaven then there's nothing to worry about. If you go to hell then you'll meet all your friends, have a party, get drunk and have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, that sounds like Grandma Laird (minus the drunk part).

M.

wet watermelon said...

Hey, if someone DOES come up with a way to get husbands to remember things, let me know! Just this morning it was, "Where's my badge (for work)? Where did I put it? I can't find it anywhere!" Did Krista say anything? No way--not after he griped at me for suggesting he "designate a place for his things" so that he can always find them..."I find my things just fine," (spoken in exaggerated man-talk) Whatever. :)

sometimes he puts his keys on the keyhook...and for the most part, his wallet stays on the nightstand. Now, if I can get him to wear and retain a wedding band and put the toothpaste cap on, we'll be in business!
lol...

Andrea Hardee said...

lol After a while of marriage I made a Man Box, a recepticle for all of the things he sort of left all over and didn't have a home for. (you know, after I get lectures about having a place for everything, haha) After I made the box he suddenly couldn't find anything even though it was all in the box and my home was finally clean, like he wanted it to be.

Relationships just don't make much sense at first. :)

He doesn't put the toothpaste cap back on? Next you're going to tell me that he squeezes from the middle. As if!