Friday, August 31, 2007

Easing in... to a lot of things

My little Princess (well, my very tall Princess) has homework! They get a packet every Monday and they're supposed to do 1-2 pages every afternoon. She brought hers home and did all of it in one sitting. So much for "I can't draw little a's!! They're not perfect!" She now bubbles over with confidence and enthusiasm, gets excited to do her homework, and can write her name like a champ.

Tag is sad today. We dropped off a little neighbor at school this morning and her brother, Tag's current best friend, also gets to go to hourly care all day long. That leaves him with his younger sister and feeling very left out of the big kid brigade, all of whom are at some sort of institution today. He has moped around outside for a while, and now he's playing Mario Kart. Poor little guy... I'm just glad he wasn't our first child or he would have been insanely bored until we had another little person around for him to play with.

Man has also been surprising me a lot lately with the foods he's willing to not only eat, but enjoy as well. I've made a huge effort to have a decent dinner on the table each nigh this week. One of our meals was fajitas and I offered to chop the green bell peppers up extra small since I know he doesn't like them. He said he likes them just fine and just do what I normally do to them. Er? He also likes mushroom gravy, that lazy lasagna from the other night (he used to hate cheese ravioli!) and various other things that have tomatoes and onions and things in them. Wow! Either his taste buds have made another 7 year change or he's just mellowing out. I'm ok with both scenarios.

No comments: