Sunday, June 08, 2008

It's about that time, again

For the seventh time in my life, I've had the opportunity to celebrate the fact that I'm married to the man I love. We have begun our eighth year of marriage.

Major events? Oh, dear, whose who know us well know that our life together has been a relentlessly bumpy ride, but hey, we have fun. We had 4 children in 6 years, they were born in three different states, 7 moves in 5.5 years, 6 jobs, 4 different couches, 3 different dressers in our bedroom alone, 4 cars, 3 surgeries, at least a couple dozen ER visits between the 5 of us who've gone, 6 semesters of college, at least 150 credit hours just during our marriage, a dozen church callings (many of them concurrent), and 3 lost teeth with a few dozen more to go. I think I've had about 5 different hair styles, 3 different makeup styles (not including a period of not wearing makeup), Man has had 2 different hair styles (with, and without), he has performed in at least 2 talent shows each year, and I've taken the kids to see him sing just one time. We've lived in 4 different wards. We've only experienced the loss of one dear extended family member. We've had 0 pets, and we'd like to keep it that way.

I think I've changed well over 10,000 diapers (ack!! four kids, times 365 days a year, times 3 years (both Things 1 and 2 trained when they were 3 years old plus change) times an overall average of 4 diapers a day = 17520 by the time they potty train... and that's a CONSERVATIVE estimate. I think I'm going to pass out and pray my progeny will forgive me for using disposables.)


Oy. So, yeah, we've been busy. I look forward to another 50 years, and eternities beyond even that.

No comments: