Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Come watch the sunset with me

As I tucked Pebbles in for the second time tonight I saw an odd shade of orange light coming through her window. I grabbed the camera and ran outside. I don't normally like this eucalyptus tree at all, but tonight it looked nice in this rare beauty of a sunset.

I paused at the entrance of the cul-de-sac across the street to take it in.

Further on toward the beach.

By now I had waded through tons of ice plant and across an old trail to get the cleanest shot of this light I could.

I had been taking so many pictures and staring at it that I closed my eyes to see a sea of orange and green half-circles of various sizes. When my vision finally cleared enough to appreciate what was before me, it was almost gone.

I love a great sunset.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Me too! These are beautiful pictures.