Friday, June 06, 2008

Graduate

The school year is officially over. She finished happily and well, and with good marks.

It's amazing how much has happened sine I dropped my oldest child off that first day of school so long ago. She's grown out of two sizes of clothing, learned how to read and write many basics, they started addition, subtraction, basic division and multiplication, and even some simple algebra. We've added to the family, had a lot of really neat experiences, and now her signature is on the same piece of paper as a local congressman.

I wonder if each year is going to be like this?

Tag will be going to school next year, which is one of the benefits of having the kids close together.

It's so silly, but when all the kids got their little diplomas and the teacher announced that the class of 2020 has just graduated kindergarten, I got teary-eyed. She'll be graduating high school 20 years after I did. Wow.... that's wild.

No comments: