Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I must be getting old

Checkout line at Costco:

Me: Did you get the items in the cart?
Cashier: Yes, of course.
Me: Good, because one time the lady forgot to scan my toilet paper. And you know I couldn't go home without that.
Cashier: Nice. Free toilet paper.
Me: -laugh- Well, I don't want to go to [heck]. Especially because of toilet paper. [sorry guys, I actually said the real word.]

The two guys manning the checkout line were young and laughed at the mom who thought that walking away with $15 worth of toilet paper would keep me out of heaven. So I laughed, too, sighing inside. It's the thought that counts, right?

His parting comment surprised me though.

Cashier: I think Costco will go to [heck] before you do, ma'am.




When did people start calling me ma'am? Gosh.

No comments: