Monday, September 10, 2007

The tooth brush song

There are some parts of getting ready for bed that are just not a whole lot of fun for kids. Like, all of the parts. Lately I've been singing songs while Tag gives himself his puffer at night. We were still having to sit on the two younger kids to get their teeth brushed until one night I struggled once more to convince Tag that it feels so good to have clean teeth, etc, and then I started singing The Wheels on the Bus, but then it struck my noggin that a toothbrush song would be more fitting, and I managed to strike gold as far as my kids are concerned:

The brush in Tag's mouth goes swish swish swish... (etc)
All through your mouth

The bubbles in your mouth go (at this point I wag my tongue across my upper lip to make a bubbly noise while still singing the tune)
All through your mouth

The tongue in your mouth goes (I wag my tongue again as above, but omit singing, so it's sort of a whisper bubble noise)
All through your mouth.

The Plaque on your teeth says "I am dying! I am dying! I am dying!" etc (hollered in a distressed, high pitched voice)
All through your mouth.

This song is so funny to them that they want me to keep singing even after their teeth are clean. However, I tell them that this is the special toothbrushing song that I only sing while I brush someone's teeth. At that point they run to the bathroom to fetch Pebbles' toothbrush so they can listen one last time, and all of the laughing, singing, and people watching her face distracts her enough that she doesn't mind brushing so much. She just watches these weird people with that scathingly skeptical look she gets on her pretty face and lets me brush as I please.

Any suggestions for additional verses? I'll try to think of some as well.

2 comments:

mydogtess said...

makes your uvula move-ula and groove-ula

makes your cheeks squeek

but from the tonsils we get no responsils

Andrea Hardee said...

LOL I'll try those tonight and let you know which ones are crown pleasers.