Friday, September 14, 2007

I'm out in public and my clothes don't match!!

Has anyone ever seen Jimmy Neutron the movie? All of the parents get abducted by aliens so the kids have a huge celebration of their freedom. They do things that their parents tell them not to, like letting the cold out of the fridge, eat tons of junk food, run up the "down" escalator, and one kid does a dance while chanting "my clothes don't match, my clothes don't match, I'm out in public and my clothes don't match!"

Well, I've grown out of all of my own clothes, the maternity pants my mom made me don't quite fit yet (they fall down) so I wear sweat pants and a pair of capri's from my heaviest weight. This morning I realized that today must be laundry day and had to put on a pair of Man's old PT sweat pants (from basic training, they don't use those anymore here so I see tons of spouses in them) and his old college t-shirt from when he was in marching band.

::sigh:: I'm wearing my skinny husband's clothing. That should make me feel good, right? When we were first married I could wear his jeans. Now he clocks in at 185 of pure muscle and I um, weigh more than that.

Oh, well. At least his clothes are comfortable.

Have you ever been stuck in traffic only to find with annoyance that someone on foot or on a bike is consistently passing you up every time you manage to move a little? Then you wonder what is the point of these stinking cars? There's that guy over there, going faster than I am, polluting the atmosphere a lot less than I am, losing weight like I am not, grinning (with gnats in his teeth) and I bet he drinks protein shakes and eats tons of fresh veggies. And he's going faster than I am. In my car. Grrrr.

Well the parking situation at Princess' school is a nightmare, especially since we got notes in backpacks last week that we're not allowed to park on the sand because a couple of idiots put their little low riders completely in the sand, got stuck, and required towage. That means that about 10 spaces worth of parking is gone which means that every other even vaguely legal place to park is jam packed for the 30 mins before and 30 mins after school. Yet we're required to pick them up and drop them off "promptly" lest they get little pink slips which no parent wants to be responsible for making their kid get especially in kindergarten when we have so much control over whether they're late. (Go ahead, K, you are a hero and deserve to celebrate not having to commute your kids to school. lol)

This morning the line to get into the drop off lane was indecent and moving at a snail's pace. So I parked in the first vaguely legal place I could find (half on the sand, no less), ran her across the parking lot to the drop off area, ran back, and found that traffic hadn't missed me. I felt like that biker who was moving faster than the cars and as I explained that to Princess she sort of looked at me like I was crazy but had a good time going faster than the cars anyway. And I looked like a loser soccer mom in my husband's clothes, no makeup, Crocs on my feet, hair in pony tail, running with a pregnant belly across the parking lot. lol At least I was comfortable, my kid didn't get a pink slip, and I got some exercise, right? Booyah!!

Today's list of thing to do:

-Laundry
-Make Jello jigglers with my very bored son
-Make a scripture case with my very bored son (Man is letting him use his micro-sized military scriptures and Tag said he wanted it to be made from yarn... we'll find the manliest yarn I've got and I'm sooooo happy to be making it for micro-sized)
-Take my very bored son to the park and tell him another 12 times when the little next door neighbor will be coming back from vacation

No comments: