Friday, September 07, 2007

25 years in one day

My Aunt R called me today to see if I wanted anything out of her garage. LOL! So far I have claim over a food dehydrator and a vacuum sealer. Woohoo!! Add that to the rice cooker and I've scored over $200 worth of small appliances. Apparently I get to go through her house any time I want before she has a yard sale. I'm going to take her some clothes pins and a thank you card. Nice trade? She's been garage saleing and flea marketing for 25 years or so, and now I get to reap the bounty in just one day. Of course I'll only bring home what I need, us having a household weight limit and all, but I have been wanting a vacuum sealer ever since moving out of Man's mother's house.

In other news, I just got a call from the dr's office to let me know that my blood test came back negative for 5th disease virus, so Freida is in the clear as far as fetal anemia and potential heart failure. Woohoo!

We ran some errands this morning after I sat and had a good hard think about how to organize my linen closet. I'm so sick of not having a clear plan with my house that I thought I'd tackle the worst beast we have, as far as chaos, wasted space, and boxes full of things we havn't even looked at in the 9 months we've been here. My linen closet is huge. It has twice the width of the door in shelf space which means, of course, that half of it is completely inaccessible which, of course, means that it holds over a dozen boxes of useless junk. I've made one small triumph. I got clear boxes and they now hold categories of items (nail things, first aid, eye supplies, and tooth/mouth supplies), and to the hair stuff basket I added two of those little containers that hold portions of infant formula in three chambers. The lid spins to allow access to one compartment at a time with a small pop-off lid for pouring, and the whole top also pops off for cleaning or, in my case, sorting. Each compartment holds a different kind and size of hair tie and the two of them nestle in nicely among the brushes and combs.

One day, one triumph at a time.

I need a nap.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hurrah! Yay for your aunt's generosity!

Isn't it a great thing to go through and organize something?

I need to tackle our garage sometime soon. It's totally the last haven of all messy boxes.