Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How could we hope to see His face

Well, my stress levels just jumped a notch. Man has his appt with the orthopedic dude tomorrow but he's been reading up on tendonosis. From what he can tell from reading and the constant pain he's in, it's actually likely that he'll get a med discharge for disability. We'll just have to wait and see. At best, he's likely to get reclassed which means get a different job. At worst, he'll get discharged with disability pay which is 10% of what he currently brings in. These things take a very long time to work out though, so we could just be sitting here for a long time or not long at all depending on the Dx and treatment plan`. I just hope they don't want us to move before this baby is a couple of months old at least.

Reprinted without permission, but this is how I feel right now:

From Cumorah's Hill
The Power of God

Listen to the wind blow lonely as a sigh
Nothing overhead but empty sky
Look up at starlight on a dark night
Are we all alone, an island in space
Or is there a plan where I have a place

Could it be that heaven is Man's imagining
Reaching for hope in childish dreams
Stories so old that we've outgrown them

Has God gone away or hidden His face
Have miracles ceased to be?

But the power of God is plain to see
There are wonders on every hand
To those who will see through eyes of faith
Beyond the mind of Man

For how could we hope to see His face
Who never could see His hand?

Some may see a rainbow as nothing more than light
Others see a promise and a sign
Every day wonders without number
Are here all around and wait to be found
By those who have eyes to see

For the power of God is plain to see
There are wonders on every hand
To those who will see through eyes of faith
Beyond the mind of Man

For how could we hope to see His face
Who never could see His hand?

Listen to the wind blow then listen once again...

Hindsight has shown me that for every wrench in the gears and for every 5 steps back we've learned or gained something incredible that I simply would not trade for an easy life. Not that I'm TRYING to make my life hard.

I was asked this question last week.. "if you could, would you change the past?"

I had to look at my sweet first child, her twinkly blue eyes smiling at me, and I simply couldn't say anything but "no."

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sure He is watching you all. He set you on this path and He will continue to care and provide for you. He is not a God of fear.

I'm sorry for the stress and anxiety---no fun...

Andrea Hardee said...

One day at a time. :)

Speaking of stress, how's your house? I look at your blogs faithfully every morning.

Kelly said...

I'm too worn out to be stressed. ;)