Saturday, September 08, 2007

Do a little digging, and you find the nuggets

After looking around at education opportunities, I find that H&R Block offers full scholarships for military spouses.

Link

It's the basic course, but still! I've been interested in these courses for a long time. Now I just need to find about 10 Saturdays where I can get away and take 81 hours of tax classes. lol Think I can do it before Christmas? I hear that they just started a course last week so I might have to wait until spring for this one.

I taught my second class today, Basic Problem Solving again. I'm finding that practice really does help a lot even after just one try. I signed up to teach Acronyms in December which is another really easy class. I only have to teach twice in the next quarter and then I'm taking the following quarter off for maternity leave.

After the last couple of Christmases we've had, I'm thinking of bowing out of Christmas entirely this year, except for my husband and kids. Cards, phone calls, and then packing my hospital bag for the weekend after Christmas and an induction. Any objections from the masses? When I was pregnant with Pebbles, I asked Man to take care of gifting his sister but he never got around to it. That was pretty embarrassing but I was having contractions from stress with even just my side of the family to worry about. The following Christmas we moved here and were a mess. I think I ordered some things online that year but most of it is sort of fuzzy, especially with being in the ER for the three days leading up to and on Christmas itself.

This Christmas.... I'd really just like to take thing very easy. I miss enjoying the holiday, savoring the smells, lights, spirit, family, and preparing a few surprises for loved ones. We like to drive around and look at lights, bringing our song books so we can sing together and then come home to hot chocolate with candy cane stirrers. I have little advent ornaments for the kids to put on our mini tree, which is likely what we'll be putting up again since Pebbles is just the perfect age to be a tree terror. The commissary also has those advent calendars with a tiny chocolate for each day of December that my Grandma B used to send us when I was a kid. There won't be snow but there will be hats, scarves, and deliciously fuzzy socks and warm covers that are so hard to get out of when you've got a freezing cold wood floor to whisk all thoughts of sleep from your head as soon as your toes come in contact with it.

One day at a time.

No comments: