Monday, December 10, 2007

To do

My life has become one big to do list, "just in case". Yes, nesting again. I spent the morning picking up some misc errands only to come home to a neglected house. Of course that means it's nap time for everyone who takes naps. lol

Left to do: mail one small package, fold 4 large loads of laundry, clean up the kitchen, assemble and freeze garlic bread, run to the thrift store for a drop off, pack my own hospital bag (the baby's coming home bag is all ready to go), change everyone's sheets, sweep the whole house (which, of course, needs to happen every day anyway), and I'm sure a few other things I'm not recalling off the top of my head.

And, here I sit. Why? Because at Costco this morning I was almost certain I was going into labor. The contractions are getting pretty painful if no sitting happens for very long.

Anyone want to take bets on whether she'll be born this week or next? I'd prefer to wait until next week, since there are two Christmas parties I'd like to go to this Thursday and Friday. But then, I'm teaching a class on Monday the 17th, and I wouldn't mind having to call in a sub for that. It's a pretty fun class though -- acronyms and terms. Also, she'll be officially term this coming Friday which is sort of the goal. Thanks to K, though, for reassurances that nowadays 36 weeks isn't so unusual or anxious-making.

Dr's appt is tomorrow morning. I'm excited!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I pick the day where it will be most inconvenient or disappointing unless you have lots of people praying for you, in which case I pick the night before a major weather front moves through.

No, seriously, I think you can make it until at least this weekend if you keep drinking water and put your feet up for a little bit every afternoon.

Andrea Hardee said...

Hmmmm... least convenient would be right in the middle of any of the activities listed in the post. Major weather front -- the only thing this area has to offer as far as "bad" weather is windy, springish rain or a mean fog.