Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good news!

The nurse just called to say my blood work came back negative for pre-eclampsia. I had no idea that that's what they were looking for. Why? Because I've never had to deal with it before. She said that since it's negative that they're going to go ahead with the Friday induction. I said wow, what if it were positive? She said that they'd get me in much sooner than that. Sooner than 2 days? Yep.

So, in between keeping house for a few mins at a time, I watch movies and play on the computer. And wait. And pop an antacid. lol

On another happy note, I've been able to find all the child care I need for Friday and beyond. Woohoo!! It was a bit of a stretch, but thank heaven for kind people who've had babies.

Also, I've been looking into weight allowances for overseas travel. So far all I can find is that they transport the same amount overseas as on land, and for our family and pay grade we can take 8,000 pounds worth of stuff. Sound like a lot? I think when we moved out here we had under 5,000, but have since acquired some storage shelves, a large desk, upgraded our washer to a high efficiency unit, and Tag needs a larger bed here soon. My little guy is not so little any more. What do you cull first? Food storage or the shelves it goes on?

We have a lot we need to get rid of just because we don't use it any more because of redundancy. For example, Grandpa, a long time ago you recommended a submersible blender. Well, we took you up on the recommendation. We LOVE it and it replaces 3 other small appliances and does a better job than all three. No more lumpy gravy, it makes fantastic smoothies, makes egg wash in 2 seconds, and dozens of other things that come up in the kitchen.

::sigh:: I'm bored but anxious. Uncle J, any new games? My rice vocabulary waxes scintillating, by the way. :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'd be inclined to eat the food storage, particularly since 1. you may have customs problems taking it & 2. it weighs a lot & 3. the money you save by eating your food storage now can be used to re-buy stuff wherever you end up next.

I would also get rid of redundant items. The less you store, the less you have to clean.

Hang in there! Tomorrow is the big day. Best of luck!!