Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oh, by the way...

Last night, as Man and I snatched our 5 minutes of personal chat time before bed, he mentioned to me that induction is only 2 weeks away. As soon as he said that, it felt like my head imploded.

A: What???

M: Didn't you realize that?

A: Erm, no, um, yes but, wait, two weeks??? From tomorrow??

M: Yep. So, don't worry about her coming early or anything. Just take it easy the next couple of days and whatever happens, happens, and in two weeks she'll definitely be coming.

A: [head still imploding] But, I have stuff I need to get done, errands to run, shelves to clean off, what am I going to do??

M: [patting his crazy wife's shoulder] Put your feet up.

A: [going off on rant about no one else is going to do the dirty work for me, with school taking up so much of his time, etc, etc,]

M: You know, it's really ok. I'll help out where I can and we just won't worry about the rest.

A: [touched at his kind concern, but thinking he's out of his mind]

We finally said goodnight, falling asleep back to back since between his shoulder and my large stomach, cuddling has become increasingly difficult. He always falls asleep within one minute of his head hitting the pillow. I lay there, trying to mentally punch my head out back into place after that messy implosion.

Two weeks... why the heck is that so dang hard to process??

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the update! I made sesame chicken last night in honor of you. Thanks for taking me to Penzeys WAY back whenever that was. Those sesame seeds are still yummy.