Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm old(er)!!!!!!

So Miss Princess was sitting on the couch with our DVD binder in her lap, patiently waiting for me to come over and put a movie in for her. She told me that she knows a great way to take the disc out so that the shiney side doesn't get touched and I told her that I didn't want her to anyway. Then she asked if my mom let me touch disks when I was a kid. I told her "no." She said "why?" My reply: "they didn't have those when I was a kid."

Then I screamed.

My mom didn't have color tv when she was a kid and I thought that made her OOOOOOOLD.

The kids in the class I teach were born right before I got out of high school.

I'm going to be a quarter of a century old in less than a month.

I don't tease Man about being old as much as I used to.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

At least you're not turning 30 next month like I am. I remember 25. I had a flat stomach and no wrinkles then.

You know what a sick realization is...I was watching old episodes of Smallville and realized that those kids were born when dh was graduating from high school.

I feel your pain, sister. Cassette players, microwaves, VCRS....I pre-date them all.