Friday, June 22, 2007

Division of the sexes

So, I'm thinking that Tag might need his own room. He's getting into the very bad habit of thinking that Princess will pick up his messes for him. I bet if he were to have his very own space to pick up, he would soon learn a better sort of accountability. No son of mine will be allowed to think his mother or sister can be made to clean up after him like that!

The only problem is that our third bedroom, The Office, has sort of become an elephant graveyard, a dumping ground for two desks, my craft stuff, our food storage, the exersaucer, and a mishmash of other miscellaneous piles.

Time to look on Craig's List for a bed and dresser. OR, I have a friend who has this really cool system where she takes a bunch of tubs, sorts the kids' laundry into them, and tucks them under the bed. I think it's brilliant. No dresser to take up floor space, it creates a barrier that largely keeps kid stuff from collecting as much under the beds, and it's easy to pull them out while folding laundry and stash them when done. Besides that, the PX has got those tubs for $2 a piece. Way cheaper than a dresser.

I've been feeling totally overwhelmed lately. There is so much I want to get done here to make this house more organized and simple. I've known lots of people who have way more stuff than I do, but I still have more stuff than I'm comfortable with. After more than 6 years of marriage, I still struggle with owning my own space. Well, under the kitchen sink is a great place to start. :)

No comments: