Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 2

After blessings, heat, creams, bandages, and just praying and crying my eyes out it's smaller today. Well, it's smaller in diameter but more swollen in the center. I strongly suspect she's going to have to lance it (thank heaven for anaesthetic) so I have it loosely dressed with gauze, secretly hoping it'll start to resolve on it's own without a lancing. More heat and creams and praying today. Surely another shot of antibiotic but heck, that also means another bag of peanut butter M&M's.

After doing some research, the possible effects of using Bactrim (which I'm not taking but is the stuff that works) while pregnant involves neurological tube defects since it blocks folic acid absorption and use. The work around for that is just taking tons of folic acid. The instance of congenital abnormality was 3.3%, which I keep reminding myself is a very tiny number. And now they have in-utero surgeries that can correct spina bifida before the baby even enters this world. Some children who have had it done go on to lead perfectly normal lives with perfectly normal health.

Yeah. So I'm hopeful. :)

No comments: