Friday, June 26, 2009

sleep study - anticipation

Going into this, I feel like I'm about to perform for an audience. I worry if I'll snore correctly, demonstrate apnea in a suitable manner, and achieve REM far too quickly as expected. What if my legs twitch the wrong way at the wrong time? What if there isn't anything wrong with me at all?

Performance anxiety. It isn't just for The Waking.

You know how The Deaf call us The Hearing? Y'all are now The Waking. I'm The... well, since I have to drive in a bit I'll just say I'm Doing Ok, but y'all are The Waking anyway.

So, off I go with my pj's, toothbrush, and some just-in-case knitting. (Cupcake! I'm knitting!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to add another worry~ what if you relax & some air escapes from.....I don't think I'd worry too much about snoring! ha ha

Anonymous said...

Great! I'm glad you are knitting!! Me too!!